- Practical / optimization
Practical / optimization
- Understanding V8 (me, nodecamp.eu 2011) [slides]
- V8 Performance Tuning Tricks (+Daniel Clifford, GDD2011 Berlin) [slides]
- Console to Chrome (+Lilli Thompson, GDC 2012) [slides] [video]
- The Footprint of Performance @Michael Starzinger describes memory implications of various programming patterns. [JSConf EU 2012 video] [NodeDublin 2012 video]
- Accelerating Oz with V8 [video] by +John McCutchan (Google I/O 2013) walks through the experience of eliminating junk from Find Your Way To OZ Chrome experiment.
- A Trip Down Memory Lane with Gmail and DevTools [video] by +John McCutchan and +Loreena Lee (Google I/O 2013) a success story of eliminating memory leaks in GMail with Chrome Dev Tools.
- Doubt Everything a talk about common microbenchmarking pitfalls by me at LXJS 2013 [slides] [video]
- Optimizing for V8, series of blog posts from +Florian Loitsch, based on his experience writing dart2js compiler
(old talks might contain outdated information)
- V8 Internals (+Mads Ager, Google I/O 2009) [video]
- Crankshaft: Turbocharging the Next Generation of Web (+Kasper Lund, YOW 2011) [video] [slides]
- Web Languages and VMs: Fast Code is Always in Fashion. by +Lars Bak and +Kasper Lund (Google I/O 2013) gives historic outline for V8 development and describes motivation for creating Dart language.
- Speed is awesome, but low latency is sublime by +Hannes Payer at JSConf EU 2013 overviews V8 efforts to minimize latency (GC, parallel compilation) [video]
- New optimizations in V8 by Ben L. Titzer at mloc.js 2014 [video]
- David Mandelin’s (SpiderMonkey TL) talk Know Your Engines (Velocity Conf 2011) [slides] [video].
- Jay Conrod’s A tour of V8 series of posts (covers: object representation, GC and compilation pipeline)
- Can V8 do that?! (me, JSConf 2012) [slides] [vides]